Addiction Treatment Strategies: Buying Leads vs. Building a Marketing Engine
Instead of titling this article “Addiction Treatment Strategies: Buying Leads vs. Building a Marketing Engine,” it could read “Addiction Treatment: How to Waste Money in Marketing vs. Investing Money in a Marketing Asset.”
It is easy to hire and pay someone to sell you leads. The problem with this strategy is it has just too flaws.
Drawbacks of Buying Addiction Treatment Leads
The flaws of buying leads in addiction treatment include:
- You will pay more for cost per lead.
- You will pay more for cost per admit.
- The quality of each lead will not be as high as a self-generated lead.
- Your brand is most likely not attached to a bought lead.
- There is less trust from the lead vs. a self-generated lead.
- Your lead source is not always dependable.
- Lower quality leads hurt morale in the call center or admissions department.
Why You Should Build a Rehab Marketing Engine Instead
The advantages of building a marketing engine include:
- Your cost per lead will be lower – primarily because the lead source you paid for today can continue to generate leads for you tomorrow and in the years to come.
- Your cost per admit will be lower.
- A self-generated lead should and will be of higher quality than a bought lead.
- Self-generated leads enhance the brand. Your brand exudes trust: Trust = admits.
- You are building content and distribution assets with your website and your social media properties for distribution.
- You have to build brand assets, which allow you to use multiple channels to market your business.
- List building is key for any business, especially small businesses. Not every website visitor is ready to buy today, but it is still important to get them into your drip campaign so when they are ready to buy, it does not cost you an arm and a leg to generate a new client.
- Building a lead pipeline or a marketing engine will increase your Google search rankings; these website visits will bring in your highest quality visitors.
- Your lead source will be much more dependable in the short and long term.
Patience Within Reason
Too many rehab owners are stuck in the failed business strategy of “I need it now” mentality when you really need to think about delayed gratification (within reason) and invest in your web, social and content assets and in your list-building operations. The reality is your long-term ROI is much better served by self-generated addiction treatment leads.
If you are generating your own leads by using SEO, social media and, to some degree, Google PPC and Facebook PPC, you are brand building and doing ethical addiction treatment marketing. This is probably going to be the truest statement in this article: Addicts and their families like to do their own research of which treatment options will be best for them. So too do the rehabs, meaning the rehabs like to do their own research in determining what will be the fastest and most cost-effective way to generate new admissions.
We all like to just figure it out for ourselves. That is human nature; we love to learn.
Addiction Treatment Strategies: Where You Should Start
The most important key to your marketing problem is to start out with a strategy. How do you know you will have the right strategy? You will know because it will make sense.
Why will it make sense? Because we will help you build the marketing strategy by performing customized original research for your business. Quality research will give you the best information from which to make informed decisions.
“OK, so how do I know what you are telling me is true?”
Ask yourself, “How did I find this page? Did I do an online search? Was it a social media link I clicked? Did a colleague share it with me?”
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we will do the same exact thing for your business and help you find qualified clients that can afford addiction treatment at your facility.